IPO Readiness Center
Envivio, Inc.: $69,795Goldman, Sachs & Co, Deutsche Bank Securities, Stifel Nicolaus Weisel, William Blair & Company
GSE Holding, Inc.: $63,000William Blair &Company, Oppenheimer and Co. and FBR
SANCHEZ ENERGY CORPORATION: $220,000Johnson Rice & Company L.L.C. and Macquarie Capital
CHEFS WAREHOUSE, INC.: $155,000Jefferies, BMO, Wells Fargo, Canaccord
OILTANKING PARTNERS, LP: $247,500Citi, Barclays Capital, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley
TANGOE: $88,000Deutsche Bank and Stifel Nicolaus Weisel
Going public can be critical to your success, yet getting there can be a daunting process. Because preparation is the key to a successful IPO, we created the IPO Readiness Center to bring to bear key tools and resources to help you navigate and weigh the significant factors in your going public decision.
BDO is proud to have helped numerous companies go public, from the initial planning stage through the final filing of the registration statement. The IPO Readiness Center draws from this experience to provide those in the process of, or considering an initial public offering, practical tools such as the BDO Guide to Going Public, as well as educational opportunities, thought leadership and market research.
In order to help companies keep current on accounting and SEC reporting developments that might impact an IPO, BDO disseminates timely newsletters and thought leadership.
- As we enter October, U.S. exchanges have posted the highest three-quarter totals for offerings, proceeds and filings in more than a decade. Through September, there have been 205 U.S. IPOs completed, an increase of more than 35 percent from the same time in 2013. Those deals have raised $68.2 billion in proceeds, a figure that already surpasses the proceeds for all of last year ($54.9 billion) and is more than double (+115%) 2013's totals through three quarters.
- The BDO IPO Halftime Report is a national telephone survey conducted by Market Measurement, Inc., an independent market research consulting firm, on behalf of the Capital Markets Practice of BDO USA. Executive interviewers spoke directly to 100 capital markets executives at leading investment banks regarding the market for initial public offerings during the second half of 2014. The survey was conducted in June 2014 within a scientifically developed, pure random sample of the nation’s leading investment banks
In 2013, initial public offerings (IPOs) in the U.S. – buoyed by the strong stock market – had their best year in more than a decade with both offerings and proceeds hitting the highest levels since the year 2000. Despite stocks experiencing some volatility in the initial weeks of 2014, the U.S. IPO market got off to an extremely impressive start in Q1 with offerings (+106%), proceeds (+39%) and filings (+186%) up significantly over last year.*
*Renaissance Capital is the source of all historical data related to the number, size and returns of U.S. IPOs.
- Derived from telephone interviews conducted within a scientifically-developed, pure random sample of the nation's leading investment banks, the 2014 BDO IPO Outlook examines the opinions of 100 capital markets executives regarding initial public offerings in the United States in the coming year.
- For business owners who are considering taking their company public, this guide outlines the process itself, and explains and highlights the significant factors in the going-public decision. The Guide to Going Public is designed to help evaluate advantages and disadvantages in relation to your company's position.
- Expanded information is available at our Access to Capital Markets page.
IPO Readiness: Are You On Track?Live seminars planned in major markets across the country. We look forward to announcing these dates and locations in the near future.